Latest members of the Chamber of Commerce...
Cambray Design Limited
AUGUST - NOT SUCH A QUIET MONTH
Jon Leamon, Deputy Chamber CEO
Not everyone knows just how much work the Chamber Executive team get through on behalf of our members to ensure we have the best possible representation and influence regarding developments within our town and the County.
August is traditionally a holiday month but we have continued to present your views on the Joint Core Strategy (proposals for new housing and business premises in Cheltenham for the next 20 years), the Gloucestershire LEP (major infrastructure schemes for the County) and the Cheltenham Development Partnership (the regeneration of Cheltenham Town centre). Specifically this month we have challenged the Borough Council's plans for up to 650 new dwellings in Leckhampton, where the A46 is already near capacity in highly valued greenbelt.
Other projects we have been working on are:
• The Association of Gloucestershire Chambers, which brings all the Chambers and Business Groups across the county to give us a stronger voice with local and national government
• The Gloucestershire Business Show, scheduled for May 2015 at Cheltenham Racecourse
• Growing Chamber membership by 26% this year
• Participating at the Cheltenham Connect day on 25th September
• Re-launching our ever popular Business Seminar series (see opposite)
• Creating sponsorship opportunities for this and subsequent newsletters, Chamber website and the busy Business Centre
So, you will see that we have not been idle in August! Each month I will bring you up-to-date with the progress of these and other projects. If you have any suggestions regarding other initiatives we should be involved with, plea